Followers

Saturday, September 28, 2013

My Action Research Project Progress To Date


Number of AR Project Documented Hours: 11 hours
Discuss with Site Supervisor Possible Options for my Action Plan: 1 hour
Discuss and Explain to the Kindergarten Teachers my Action Plan: .5 hours
Interview 3 Kindergarten Teachers: .5 hours
Tutor Struggling Kindergarten Students: 8 hours
Collect Kindergarten Data: 1 hour

AR Project Summary:
My AR Project is going pretty well. Last year, I taught Kindergarten, and therefore, I was studying Kindergarten students for my project. I did pretty well keeping up with my project. I interviewed three Kindergarten teachers on their opinions of AM tutoring like my plan outlined. I tutored struggling Kindergarten students regularly like my plan outlined. And, I collected data from the beginning, middle, and end of the year on Kindergarten students like my plan outlined. Then, summer vacation came, and I did nothing.
School is back in session, and I need to get my AR Project back up and running. This assignment has given me the opportunity to reflect on the progress I have made thus far on my AR Project.  What I have learned from my reflections is that I have done a good job to this point and now I need to kick it back into gear; I am no longer on summer vacation. This school year I am teaching a new grade, 4th grade. I knew this change was coming so I planned for it in my AR plan. As a result of this grade level change, I will be studying 4th grade students rather than Kindergarten students. When I was reflecting on my progress, I realized, last year,  I made a couple of mistakes with my Kindergarten study, I forgot to interview the students and parents, but that is not going to happen this year. AM tutoring is about to begin, and I need to start getting ready to begin the study again with the 4th grade students. This go around, I am going to remember to interview the students and the parents that are involved in AM tutoring and prepare this interview questions this week. Also, I need to start interviewing my fellow 4th grade teachers on their opinions of AM tutoring. This is going to be a great year! I can feel it.
One more thing to add, after reflecting on my progress, I have decided that I need to start doing some research on the effects of AM tutoring as well as entering the data I collected into a PowerPoint. The last thing I want to do is get behind on my AR Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment